Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Best Disney Movies???


The other day at work, my co workers and I started talking about which Disney movies are our favorite? When they asked me which was mine, what first popped in my head was Cinderella. Since they were both guys, they gave me such a hard time saying that every girl would pick Cinderella. This week I decided to pick three of my favorite Disney movies since we had such an intense conversation on it at work.

Like I said earlier, Cinderella is my all time favorite Disney movie. What girl wouldn’t put it on their list? J Cinderella is ordered around by her cruel stepmother and her awful stepsisters. But no matter how her family abuses her and humiliates her, they can’t stop her from dreaming. For dreams are the wishes of Cinderella’s heart and for which she wishes of happiness will come true. When the invitation to the royal ball arrives, Cinderella is sure her time has come, until her evil sisters try to tear her gown apart. Cinderella uses everything short of physical force to persuade her stepmother that she has every right to attend. Cinderella’s determination and ambition just makes this movie one of a kind!

Beauty and the Beast is one of the most romantic Disney movies. I like this movie because it sends across a great message to children of that, “Beauty comes from within.” I think it is important that children know this and know that looks aren’t everything. Bell is a girl who is dissatisfied with life in a small French town. The Beast is a prince who was placed under a spell because he could not love. The only way the spell can be broken is to learn to love one another and earn her love in return before the last petal from his enchanted rose fell, which would bloom until his twenty-first birthday. You will have to watch the movie to see if the last petal falls before they fall in love.

The Lion King triumphs with animation. A young lion prince was born in Africa, thus making his uncle Scar the second in line to the throne. Scar plots with the hyenas to kill King Mufasa and Prince Simba, thus making himself King. The King is killed and Simba is led to believe by Scar that it was his fault and so flees the kingdom in shame. After years of exile he is persuaded to return home to overthrow the usurper and claim the kingdom as his own thus completing the “Circle of Life.” This movie brings a lot of suspense.

All three of these movies teach a very good lesson to children and I think that is why I choose them. Even though there are so many other Disney movies I enjoy watching, I think these three are classics and will never get old. What are your top three favorite Disney movies?

5 comments:

  1. Good topic! I do not know who does not like Disney movies! I love Disney movies. Out of those three The Lion King would have to be my favorite. Although, the only part of that movie I have a tough time watching is when Scar kills Mufasa. Otherwise, i love it!. I still have the cd soundtrack of it and it is still as good as ever! I appreciate Beauty and the Beast a lot more now that i am older then I did as a kid. When I was younger I just liked it because of Chip the little tea cup. Cinderella is also a very good movie, it is a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lion King would definitly be on my top 3 as well, but what about Aladdin?? thats gotta be the greatest movie ever created and you didnt even mention it?! haha jk, great post though

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many Disney movies that I like, but my favorite is Beauty and the Beast. I used to watch it all the time. I will have to watch it again soon! Cinderella is also very good, and I like The Little Mermaid. Of course Lion King is good too. I don't think there is one that I don't like. Good post! You brought back some great memories of watching those movies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lion King is on everyones list I think. It not only has a great message. But the music is phenominal. I got to see in on Broadway and let me tell you it was even better then the movie!! I would also have to say that Little Mermaid is at the top of my list. It was the first movie I saw in the movie theater as a child and I guess it made a lasting impression on me. All the princess movies of course too. What girl doesnt want to ride off into the sunset with a handsome young lad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got done thinking about all my favorite Disney movies that I still watch to this day! The Little Mermaid was definitely one of my favorites! I had a huge stuffed Sebastian!haha A few others I would pick would be Cinderella and then I think Robin Hood. My whole family loves it and I think I am actually going to watch it right now!:D

    ReplyDelete