Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ghosts of Girlfriends Past


Romantic, funny, and deals with a life lesson describes the movie Ghost of Girlfriends Past. Watching previews of this movie made me want to go see it, which I did. Knowing that attractive Matthew McConaughey and gorgeous Jennifer Garner were in this movie it definitely made me want to go see this movie even more.

At the beginning of the movie we were introduced to Connor Mead. He is a very successful photographer, who likes to have fun and have many women around him. Mead is not committed to marriage and tends to be looked upon as the evil guy who broke up with three girls at the same time on a conference call.

Mead’s life starts to change on the weekend of his younger brother’s wedding. Mead runs into his lifetime sweetheart, Jenny Perotti. Jenny and Connor have known each other since they were young. When they both came to the teenager years they realized that they might have feelings for each other. Jenny and Connor distanced off for a bit, but later started hanging out with each other. Connor spent the night at Jenny’s place one night, but the next morning when Jenny woke up Connor wasn’t there. This is when Jenny realized that Connor can’t commit so their wonderful relationship didn’t turn out. All of this occurred before they meet up again at Connor’s younger brother’s wedding.

The night before Paul’s wedding, Connor says some things that he shouldn’t have, which leads to a visit by four ghosts. The first ghost Connor meets is his late Uncle Wayne. Paul and Connor’s parents died at a young age so Uncle Wayne had to take care of the boys. Uncle Wayne taught Connor the womanizing ways. He never really gave great advice to Connor. The other three ghosts are ghosts of the past, present, and future. Seeing all that happened during Connor’s life made him think secondly of his actions. He realized that he did some things wrong and now is hoping he can change them. Does Connor ever change and fall back in love with Jenny?

This movie is a great date movie or a girl’s night out movie. The movie keeps audiences going and wanting to know what will happen next. I would recommend this movie to anyone because it teaches a great lesson in the end.

6 comments:

  1. Great post Amanda! The movie sounds really interesting; I think I’m going to take my boyfriend to see it. While it looks like a chic flick as he would say it seems really funny how you talked about it. This movie reminds me of the Christmas Carol with the 3 ghosts’ ha-ha! I agree who better than Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Garner, they are both really good actors. It definitely seems like it would teach these boys a lesson! It’s hard to determine whether he will get his happy ending or not, some of the movies you are totally sure that he will get the girl or they will win the game but then they go and mess things up and there aren’t always happy endings! Thanks for the post, I am for sure going to go see the movie now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT TO SEE THIS! Awesome post, thanks for the info! I have seen the preview for this move several times and thought it looked a little weird but like a movie I would probably enjoy. Matthew is sooo hot! I love him so whether it was a good or bad movie I was going to see it either way, just to oooh and ahhh at him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wanted to see this movie when I saw the first previews. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to go to any movies when I've been to Fargo lately. I think that it's kinda of funny that its a little bit of spin off of A Christmas Carol, but a more fun up-beat version of it. I really hope that it comes to Valley some time soon, you post really left me very intreged to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephen and I say this movie on the 6th and we both thought it was great! We laughed hysterically, and I have to admit, I even teared up at a part or two. I thought it was original, to some degree, to put a spin on A Christmas Carol...a little more upbeat and have-a-good-time film that still teaches you a valuable lesson or two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would absolutely LOVE to see this movie! I was trying to explain it to a friend when we went to see another movie and as I was trying to explain it to her, the preview came on the screen. We turned to each other and laughed. But after seeing the preview in the theatre made me want to see it even more! First of all, I absolutely love Matthew McConaughey so why wouldn't I want to see this movie? Second of all, I love this type of movie, I'm a huge sucker for chick flicks. The theatre here in town will definitely be getting my money for this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME.... i wanted to see this too... i remember seeing its trailer, but never had an oppertunity to go to the hall to watch..
    Thanks Barclay.... The story sounds pretty interesting and fun too....
    I like these kinds of movies, though they are chick-flicks....
    Jennifer Garner ,, is sooo hott... At first, i wanted to watch this movie jus for her, well now after reading your reviews, i have better and more reasons to go!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete