Saturday, April 11, 2009

Going back to the 80s


Thinking about old television shows always brings a smile to your face. People Wish and hope the shows would come back on. The plus side is that some of the shows still air the old reruns! So even if you never grew up watching the old shows, you can start watching them now and see why everyone else talks about how great they are!

One of my favorite older shows is Saved by the Bell. This show is very entertaining and always brings a good laugh. The show is based off of six individuals who have miss adventures at Bayside High School. The show follows the gang throughout the four years of high school. This show has a later version of it, since Kelly and Jessie decide to leave the show during senior year. So the gang welcomes Tori Scott, Zach’s new girlfriend. The show closes with the separation of the graduating class of Bayside High School. The show then continues to Saved by the Bell, The College Years.

Growing Pains is another really good show aired in the 80s. The parents Dr. Seaver and Maggie Seaver, try their best in raising their family although their kids cause them endless problems, but they still manage to keep the family close together. Most of the story lines based around standard family issues, though there was time to explore serious topics such as vandalism, gangs and drug use. In the end the kids grow up to successful people and everything turns out great!

Family Matters always brought a thrill to your household. The Winslows of Chicago are a typical family, who is a big family that all live under the same roof. The family always gets regular visits from a neighborly nerd, Steve Urkel. The outrageousness of Urkel made people tune into the show. The show lasted a long time because it is not only funny, but it also delivers valuable messages on such issues as family, education, Black pride, respect, and the importance of being responsible.

These three shows bring variety to television. Lucky for us these three shows still air reruns on television today. So take a day to watch the three best 80s shows!!

5 comments:

  1. I never got into Growing Pains. However, I really enjoyed Saved By the Bell and Family Matters. I always admired Zach and Slater and how they could pick up chicks. I always thought it was nice that they included Screech into their gang. Family Matters was also a lot of fun with Urkel. I really enjoyed these shows. I wonder if they have a box set of Saved By the Bell on sale somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion some of the best shows ever made were made in the 1980’s! One of my favorites was Saved by the Bell! I couldn’t wait to get up early Saturday mornings to watch Saved by the Bell with a huge bowl of sugar cereal! About fifteen years later I’m still watching the show, only in rerun form! Nonetheless I still love it! Growing Pains was another show I really liked, I don’t really see reruns of it though. Family Matters was also great, I still have a friend who says, “Did I do that?!”. Haha…

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post Amanda! I can remember all the old shows I use to watch and it always brings a huge smile across my face. I was a huge fan of Saved by the Bell too; I always thought they were so cool and popular. I actually never even heard of Growing Pains. By the way you explained the show it actually sounded quite interesting and real. I was also a fan of Family Matters, and of course my favorite character was Steve Urkel!! He was always so cute and nerdy that’s why I liked him. Like Danar said, “Did I do that?” that is one line that will never be forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love old shows like these! Thank god for Nick at Night so we can still watch them. I have to admit none of these are my all time favorite that definatly is a toss up between Boy Meets World or Fresh Prince of Bel-air, absolutely loooove them! Saved By the Bell is also pretty high on my list though! Miss ya Barclay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only one I can think of that I have seen is Family Matters. I loved that show I used to watch it with my mom all the reruns of all the shows that had aired in the 80s. I do not remember much of Saved by the bell but maybe I would have like it since most people did in the 80s. Someone did tell me about Growing Pains but that was when I was in middle school so don’t remember much of it either.

    ReplyDelete