Saturday, April 4, 2009

Old School Nickelodeon Shows


We all remember the television shows we used to watch when we were younger. Some of them remind of as a good show while others were not the best, but we still would watch them. Nickelodeon would have some really good shows that would air. The shows I am going to mention will bring back some memories and hopefully they are good memories. It is a great comedian show that would always give you a good laugh.

CatDog is a perfect example of felines and canines. This show is so different, but yet makes people laugh. Many relationship lessons are demonstrated through CatDog about getting a long together. The show is packed full of pop culture and social satire humor.

The Wild Thornberrys is a unique show. Eliza Thornberry is not your ordinary kid because she travels the world in an RV with her parents. Eliza is doubly unique because she was granted the magical ability to talk with and understanding animals. Eliza gets involved with much different wild life.

The Angry Beavers is about two beavers named Norbert (the smart one) and Daggett (the stupid one), live at the lake. The two beavers have to deal with wacko government scientists.
Doug!

Rocko’s Modern Life plot follows a life of a wallaby that has immigrated to America from Australia. In America, he faced many challenges and his friend’s are trying to help Rocko fit in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2MlMyrcUjY

Orange soda is most common saying in the show Kenan and Kel. I remember when Kel would always want to drink orange soda. The show is centered on two teenagers. Kenan is a high school student with a job at the grocery store, while Kel is a clumsy, orange soda loving best friend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBwxRo8d8P8

All these shows bring back good memories! It would be nice to have these shows come back on air, but least Nickelodeon keeps coming out with more shows that can top these shows. What will Nickelodeon come out with next?

2 comments:

  1. I liked your post because it reminded me of all the shows I used to watch as a kid! If they were still on I would probably still watch them on a Saturday morning if I had nothing to do. Haha. I really don't think that the new shows top the old ones. My little sisters watch the new ones and I don't even like to sit there and watch them with them. I guess it is good though that they come up with new shows, it keeps the younger kids interested because the shows deal with their age level and it's different than what we all grew up with. Maybe our old shows wouldn't appeal to them because we aren't with their "times". haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, if I ever want to reminisce about my childhood I can always count on coming to your page and reading one of your blogs. This time you talked about Angry Beavers! I totally forgot about that show! Angry Beavers, The Wild Thornberry's.. shows I used to watch on the daily! And now you forget about them because they aren't on television anymore because they are coming out with new shows every year. Which I guess is a good thing, you get variety, but when they take the "oldies, but goodies" off the air, it's almost somewhat depressing. :(

    ReplyDelete